If you would like to view or obtain copies of public information held by the District, you may submit a request for same using the form below. As an alternative, you may hand deliver, or send a written request by mail to:
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 304
Attn: Public Information Officer
1300 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1400
Houston, TX 77056
- The request must be in writing. Only written requests trigger the District’s obligations under the Texas Public Information Act (the “Act”).
- The request should be for records in existence. The District is not required to answer questions, perform legal research or comply with a continuing request to supply information as such information is prepared in the future.
- The Texas Public Information Act prohibits the District from asking you why you want the information you have requested, however, the District may ask you to clarify your request if we are uncertain as to what you want. We may also discuss with you how the scope of your request may be narrowed, if you have requested a large amount of information.
- There is usually no charge for inspection of documents, however, the District may charge for copies of requested public information. Once a request has been reviewed, the District will send the requester a letter advising whether the information has been located, itemizing the estimated charges, and notifying whether the District will seek to withhold any requested information under the exceptions in the Act.
- If the requestor desires to inspect records, the requestor will be asked to arrange a convenient time for inspection. If the requestor seeks copies to be sent by mail, the information will be sent after payment is received by the District.